Dr. Nur Islam Saikia
Associate ProfessorPh.D. : Gauhati University
Research Interests:Literary theory and criticism; Language
Joined the University in Sep 9, 2003
Lecturer at Cotton College, now Associate Professor at Cotton University (2003 onwards)
Activities/assignments in the University:
1. Question paper setting; Evaluation; Syllabus preparation;
2. Co-ordinator, NSS Unit
3. Member, Board of Studies
4. Departmental representative, IQAC
5. Departmental representative, CUTA
|Sl. No.||Principal Investigator||Co Principal Investigator||Title of the Project||Period||Sponsoring Agency||Sanctioned Amount||Status|
|1||Nur Islam Saikia||Encyclopedia of Philosophy of Performing Arts with Special Reference to North-East India||2012--||UGC||Completed
Research paper publications till 2021
(i) Relevance of Jalaluddin Rumi’s Teachings in Promoting Universal Brotherhood and Communal Harmony, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612,Vol.I, No.1, JulyDecember,2011, Guwahati,( ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(ii) Dr. Moidul Islam Bora and His Contribution in Promoting Persian Studies in Assam, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612, Vol.II, No.I, July- December, 2012, Guwahati,( ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(iii) The Ancient Iranian Society as Reflected in the Shahnama of Firdousi , Cottonian, Vol. 89 2014-15, ISSN: 2394-1367, (ed.) Priyadarsika Medhi.
(i) Hindustanar Bhatoi Amir Khusrau, Cottonian, Vol. 80, 2005-06, (ed.) Shristi Shreyan.
(ii) Marxbadi Neta- Buddhijibi Achintya Bhattacharyya: Jivan Aru Kriti, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612,Vol.II, No.II, Jan- June,2013, Guwahati,( ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(iii) Debendra Nath Acharyyar ‘Jangam’---Manavatar Biparjay Aru Jaiganar Dalil, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612,Vol.III, No. I, Jan- June,2014, Guwahati,( ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(iv) Dwija Ramar ‘Chahapari Upakhyan Ba Mrigavati Charitra’: Islam Aru Hindu Dharmar Samanvayar Eti Nidarshan, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612,Vol. VI, 2017, Guwahati, (ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(v) Unabingsha Shatikar Asomiya Bhasar Sangkat Bitorka Aru Bezbaroar Dristibhangi, Cottonian, Vol. 88, 2013-14, ISSN: 2394-1367, (ed.) Kalpajyoti Roy.
(vi) Lakshmidhar Sarmar Chutigalpat Nari Bikhayak Chetana, Kamrupjyoti, 4th Issue, 2014, (ed.) Kandarpa Kumar Sarma.
(vii) Nirbachita Asomiya Akangkika Natya Sambhar: Eti Samiksha, Manavayatan The Humanosphere, ISSN: 2249-0612, Vol. V, No. 1, July-December, 2015, Guwahati, (ed.) Jagadish Patgiri.
(viii) Sapir-Whorf Prakalpa Aru Anubadar Samasya, Gariyosi, 24th year, 4th Issue, January 2017, ISSN: 2349-5324.
Conference Proceedings till 2021
Book publication relating subject/research concerned
Books Authored by Myself
1. Shahnamar Kahini--- Iranar Jatiya Mahakavya Shahnamar Alochanamulak Grantha, Assam Book Hive, Guwahati, 1st edn., December 2010, ISBN: 978-93-8247-03-8.
2. Sankardev, R.G. Publication, Guwahati, 1st edn., January 2013.
3. Bishnu Prasad Rabha--- The Revolutionary Artistic of Assam, R.G. Publication, Guwahati, 1st edn., January 2007.
Books Edited by Myself:
1. Keteki, Souvenir of the Silver Jubilee Celebration Ceremony, Ketekibari Rangali Bihu Sanmilan, Kamrup, 2009.
2. Sahitya Barnali, Orunodoi Prakashan, Guwahati, 1st edn., September, 2012, ISBN: 978-93- 82330-06-6.
3. Kishore Jivani Chayan, Siksha Kendra Samiti, Dispur, Asaam, 1st edn., 2016.
4. Sahitya Chinta Bichitra, Orunodoi Prakashan, Guwahati, 1st edn., 2014, ISBN: 978-93-82330- 08-0.
5. Pragjyotish, Souvenir of the Biennial State Conference, Natun Sahitya Parisad, Assam, 2014.
6. Hemanga Biswas--- Dristi Aru Sristi (Associate ed.), Orunodoi Prakashan, Guwahati, 1st edn., 2012, ISBN: 978-93-82330-16-5.
Journal Edited by Myself as Associate Editor since January, 2012
1. Manavayatan The Humanosphere, Centre for Studies in Humanities, Guwahati, (ed.) Jagadish Patgiri, ISSN: 2249-0612.
Chapters/Articles publications in Books (Research Oriented)
1. Lakshminandan Borar Chutigalpot Juddhottar Asomiya Gramya Samajar Pratiphalan: Parampara Aru Paribartan in Sahitya Bornali, (ed.), Nurul Islam Saikia, Orunodoi Prakashan, Guwahati, 1st edn., September, 2012, ISBN: 978-93-82330-06-6.
2. Raghunath Chaudharyar Karbala Kavaya in Raghunath Chaudhary—Romantikatar para Bastavbadalai, (ed.) Parikshit Baisya, Siksha Kendra Samiti, Assam, Guwahati, 1st edition
Book publication other than subject concerned
1. Jyoti-Bishnu Quiz, R.G. Publication, Panbazar, Guwahati, 1st edition, March, 2005.
2. Akonir Ramayan, R.G. Publication, Panbazar, Guwahati, 1st edition, January, 2007.
3. Bishnu Rabha, R.G. Publication, Panbazar, Guwahati, 1st edition, May, 2010.
4. Iranar Mahabir Rustam, Namrata Prakashan, Guwahati, 1st edn., 2013.
Awards and Distinctions:
1. 1 st Position in M.A. Assamese (Language), G.U., 1995.
2. 1 st Position in M.A. Persian, G.U., 1998.
Association with Professional Bodies:
1. Co-ordinator, NSS, Cotton University Unit.
2. Departmental Member, IQAC, Cotton University.
3. Member, Board of Studies, Department of Assamese, Cotton University.
4. Departmental Representative, CUTA, Cotton University.
5. Secretary, Centre for Studies in Humanities, Guwahati.
6. Joint Secretary, Natun Sahitiya Parishad, Assam State Committee.
7. Secretary, Baramboi Kendriya Puthibharal, Baramboi, Kamrup.
8. President, Natun Sahitiya Parishad, Baramboi Branch.
9. Special Member, Board of Studies, Department of Bodo, Cotton University.
10. Member, Asomiya Alochana Chakra, Department of Assamese, Cotton University.
11. Member, Publication Committee, Department of Assamese, Cotton University.
1. Delivered a lecture on the topic Globalization and Its Impact on Education in India on 15th September, 2011 at the Guwahati Press Club at the invitation of Paresh Baishya Foundation, Guwahati.
2. Delivered a lecture on the topic Hemango Biswas: Jiban Aru Kriti on 24th December, 2012 at Jubilee Club, Digboi, organized by the Natun Sahitya Parisad, Assam on the 100th birth anniversary of Hemango Biswas.
3. Delivered a lecture on the topic Lakshminath Bezbaroar Dristit Asomiya Jati Aru asomiya Bhasa on 31st March, 2014 at Janata Girls High School, Dimu, Kamrup organized by the Natun Sahitya Parisad Assam.
4. Appointed Speaker, Anchalik Rangali Bihu Sanmilani, Manahkuchi, Kamrup, 13th June, 2014.
5. Delivered a lecture on the topic Scientific Outlook and Superstitions on 15th October, 2014 at Socrates Academy, Dimu, Kamrup organized by the School authority.
6. Delivered a lecture on the topic Present Trends in Assamese Literature on 21st December, 2014 at Dimu Central Library, Dimu, Kamrup at the invitation of Asom Natya Sanmilan, Dimu-Dobak Branch.
7. Invited Guest, Annual Urus Festival at Hazarat Nabishah Mokam, Baramboi, Kamrup on 8th February, 2015.
8. Delivered a lecture on the topic Life and Philosophy of Jyoti Prasad Agarwala on 18th January, 2015 at Kulhati Girls High School, Damdama, Kamrup at the invitation of Kulhati Sahitya Mancha.
9. Anchor, Prof. Satyendra Nath Sarma Jonma Satabarsar Shradhanjali, All India Radio, Guwahati, 18th September, 2015.
10. Delivered a lecture on the Life and Works of Laksminath Bezbaroa on 21st December, 2015 in Kolkata at the Asom-Utkal-Banga Sahitya-Sanskriti Sammelan, 2015.
10. Appointed Speaker of seminar, Golden Jubilee Celebration, Jawaharlal Nehru Higher Secondary School, Kendukona, Kamrup, 22nd January, 2016.
11. Invited Guest, 15th Ukhura Anchalik Rangali Bihu Sanmilani, Dekarpar, Kamrup, 6th May, 2016.
12. Appointed Speaker, 17th Rangali Bihu Sanmilan, Gobhalpar, Bagta, Kamrup on 13th May, 2016.
13. A talk on the topic on Sukavi Narayandevar Padma Puranor Hassan Hussain Akhyan, All India radio, Guwahati, 14th September, 2016.
14. Delivered a lecture on the topic Our Duties Towards Maintaining Integrity and Communal Harmony of Assam on 18th November, 2016 at 19No. Dobak L.P. School, Kamrup organized by group of conscious citizens.
15. Distinguished Guest, 568th Appearance Festival of Srimanta Sankardev, Sri Sri Naranarayan Sattra, Ramdia, Kamrup, 11th October, 2016.
16. Delivered a lecture on the topic Globalization and Cultural Imperialism on the occasion of 3rd Principal Dulal Chandra Mahanta Memorial Lecture on 28th May, 2017 at Asomi Club, Dimu, Kamrup.
17. Appointed Speaker, Annual Prize Distribution Ceremony, Damdama Higher Secondary School, Kamrup, 22nd November, 2017.
18. Distinguished Guest, Fateha-E-Dowaz-Daham festival, Damdama College, 11th November, 2017.
19. Appointed Speaker, Annual Prize Distribution Ceremony, Ucchatar Madhyamik Bani Vidyapith, Kamrup, 28th October, 2017.